Friday, May 21, 2010

Gastronomical Delight



This is why we stopped in New Orleans, La. We ordered 5 pounds of the little suckers. They call them crayfish and are fished right out of the local swamps. Look like mini lobsters. Lot of work for a little meat, but they are worth the effort. Just snap off the tail, squeeze, and twist. Open wide and swallow. The locals also suck out the juice from the head and rest of the body. They were so spicy hot, it brought tears to my eyes, so I passed on the bodys after a while. I also ordered a bowl of their gumbo; it was very different from the last one I had in Rockport as it was in a brown sauce instead of a tomato base. Bon Appetite!!!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Toledo, that's a lot of food you have there! I hope you had some help with that!

    ReplyDelete