Sunday, August 21, 2016

Fallen Leaf Campground

We arrived here about 2:30 PM on Sunday, August14.  Our favorite place on earth - Lake Tahoe.  We reserved site 42 for one week.  We finally signed our papers for the refi on our home that we started before we left home in Riverside.  We met our good friends Kathy and Grant Stephens here for a couple days.  No satellite reception from this site and cell reception was spotty, but I was able to get 2 channels over the air for our TV.  We are heading south to Manteca tomorrow for one night to dump tanks and refill water as we will head to Morrow Beach for 4 days of dry camping before we head towards home.  I could not kayak down the Truckee River as it was very low, but I did manage to take out the kayak on Fallen Leaf Lake for a couple of hours one day and I went for a short swim in the lake.  The water was unusually warm, maybe 70 degrees.  Lake Tahoe is low again this year as it was last year.  We took our usual 88 mile ride around the lake one day and went out for Mexican food at Chevy’s Mexican Restaurant.  Tonight we will go out for a sub at Subway and then to mass,  and then


go out for a Cold Stone ice cream.  I also donated $100 at the poker tables.  I do miss taking our boat out on this lake though.  We went to a concert  at the Vahalla to see a country singer, Rita Hoskins and three piece band.  They were quite good and Aggie and I got the last 2 tickets as it was a sold out event.  I have rated this campground before so it has not changed F****.

No comments:

Post a Comment