Friday, June 30, 2017

Loretta Lynn's Ranch

We stopped here for 2 nights on June 16 and 17.  This park is





owned by the country singer, Loretta Lynn.  Originally, this property was owned by a confederate soldier on some 1300+ acres.  There was an abandoned house and several out buildings on the property as well as 150 head of cattle.  Loretta  purchased this property in 1966 for $150,000.  It is located about 60 miles west of Nashville, Tenn.  We elected for full hookups with 50 amp service for $40 per night with Good Sam discount.  They also take AAA auto club.  I am using their free internet now which works better after midnight.  There is no cell service here, I had to drive 4 miles down the road to make a telephone call.  People with portable satellite dishes are getting TV reception, I did not however and there are no over the air TV programs here.  They have several tourist attractions here and Aggie is visiting them as I write this post.  We attended a group campfire along with other campers and played games and I won a prize on bingo.  I like the fact that the campers here actually take advantage of the outdoors.  Our site was level and a little tight to squeeze in between the tree trunks, but once in we were comfortable.  I rate this park P****.
Aggie took these pictures of Loretta Lynn's residence on her property and her tour bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment