Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Sweetwater County Park

We camped here for 4 days on April 19 to celebrate our 47th wedding anniversary.  This park is located 15 minutes east of downtown San Diego, Ca.  There are two separate sections of this park; one with full hookups and another older section with partial hookups.  The partial hookups has more shade and are on gravel pads.  The newer section has many pull through sites with full hookups including 50 amp electric and many have great views of the surrounding mountains as it sits on top of a mountain.  We booked the full hookup pull through site with a level concrete pad and had ample length for my 40 foot motorhome and Chevy Tahoe without disconnecting.  I was only able to get 3 english channels on the over the air TV.  I cancelled Direct TV as I was tired of them raising my rates every other month and since I upgraded my analog TV to digital my existing satellite dish was unable to get high definition TV.  I did have weak Verizon cell service.  There is a great clubhouse that overlooks  the lake which can be rented for an additional fee.  We did not spend much time in the park as we spent our time visiting the Gaslamp district and Hotel Coronado.  Our site cost $34.25 per night which included our reservation fee.  I seem to have lost my pictures for this campground, but their website has some excellent photo's.  I rate this park P****. 

No comments:

Post a Comment