Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Big Arm State Park

 We arrived here in Big Arm, Montana on July 22 for 6 nights.  We were lucky to snag a relatively level 65 foot long waterfront site and we planned our whole trip around this stop.  This is a dry campground, but there are plenty of water faucets throughout the campground.  No dump station.  You can moor your boat or jet ski in front of your site.  It is really convenient to park your kayak or canoe on your site for use at your discretion.  There is a central bath house with flush toilets and hot showers in the park.  Showers cost $3 extra for 6 minutes.  In addition to the bath house, there are 4 pit toilets of which 3 are now closed.  They say they are full, but we checked one before they closed it and it was nearly empty.  I don't think they want to replace toilet paper and clean the bathrooms.  We typically don't use any of the campground facilities as we prefer to use our own.  I guess the tent campers and day use visitors will relieve themselves on the trees or in the lake.  We paid $28 per night plus $10 reservation fee for our site.  I rate this park F****.

Shortly after arriving and got set up, I was working on my laptop when Aggie noticed the carpet was wet.  Our water line to the ice maker sprung another leak.  Not just one but two pinhole leaks.  The last time I repaired the line I replaced it with a new line.  Fortunately, I left about 8 extra inches in the line for future adjustments.  I turned of the water to the ice maker off and went into the nearest town, Polson to get the replacement parts I needed.  Could not find the parts anywhere, so the next day we drove 40 miles into Kalispel, where I purchased the parts.  Since they were less than 50 cents I bought two sets.  When we returned I slapped it back together and turned water back on again.  Now I find a third leak.  Good thing I purchased another set as the washer that stops water from leaking was crimped and unusable again.  I cut the line once more and now no more additional adjustments.  It is now working leak free.  

One day we drove into Big Fork on the Lake to visit some friends who moved out here from our home town two years ago.  They treated us to lunch at the Flathead Brewery.  The beer was really good and we had a great view of the lake on their back patio.  Only problem is we had to wait over an hour to be seated.  We took a two hour cruise on the lake in a 65 foot boat.  Here is Captain Aggie steering the ship.  The captain informed us of many facts about the lake, the unusual homes, and history of the area.  Aggie and I took out the kayak once apiece and went on a couple of bike rides.  By the time we return home, Aggie will be popping wheelies.


No comments:

Post a Comment