Thursday, October 18, 2012

What can I do about Smart Meter

Hopefully, you have read my first 3 pages to understand why your bill is too high.  So what can you do.
1)  Contact your electric company and tell them I am mad as hell and won't put up with their rate increase.  You will not get any satisfaction here, but they need to hear your complaint.
2)   File a formal complaint at www.cpuc.ca.gov.  If you call, they will just forward you back to the electric company who will patiently listen to you and tell you to go back to cpuc. 
2a)  It is important to indicate that you feel your rates have risen since the new smart meter and you wish to go back to the analog meter but don't want to pay their $75 fee or the $10 monthy fee.  Also, be sure to tell them you don't trust their usage figures since they will not provide meter readings.
3)  Contact any and all representitives who will listen to you.  The Governor would not take my call, the district attorney hung up on me,  Senator Feinstein referred me to cpuc.  Your local representitives seem to be the best bet at a minimum.  If you have a city councilman, or mayor, call them.  And follow up on any progress, if any.
4)  Talk with neighbors, friends, colleagues, family members, church groups, or whoever you can to get the message out, and send them to www.cruisincondo.blogspot.com. Contact newspapers, radio and TV stations and the like to get the message out.
5)  If you are considering solar to your home, be forwarned that this new rate structure throws all your overproduction into the lowest tier currently $.13 per kwh.  On day one you may be paying $.32 per kwh, but on day 2 if you overproduce they pay only $.13.
6)  E-mail me at mark.mason50@verizon.net to let me know what you think.  I may not respond, but will try to keep you informed if I decide to take this to a class action lawsuit.

I am mad as hell and I need your help because I cannot do this by myself.  You and several million of our friends can make a difference.  Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment