Saturday, July 1, 2017

Washington D C

We took the Washington Metro train into Washington D C two days during our stay in Reston, Va.  The first day we visited several museums; all of which were FREE, our taxpayer dollars at work.  We also visited the Washington monument, Lincoln memorial, and the White House.  Lots of security around the White House where our president resides.  We must have walked at least 10 miles this day and I for one was feeling my age.  I would have chomped down a few Motrin, but I settled for a cold beer from a local brewery called Loose Cannon with our dinner in town before our trek back to our RV in Reston.  This could be my favorite beer and I stocked my fridge with a six pack before we headed for New Jersey.  There is a tour bus that you can hop off and on at all attractions throughout the city which seemed like a great idea.  I don't know how much it costs, but it would be well worth it's cost if we choose to visit here again.  There are many museums here and you could devote a full day to each one.
The second day we dedicated to one museum,





The International Spy Museum.  We paid $16 each after a $5 senior discount to enter this museum.  There are also some other optional add on's that we chose not to purchase.  We did spend at least 3 hours touring this museum and enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment