Sunday, July 30, 2017

Wompatuck State Park

We arrived here July 3 for 4 nights as we could not book the full 8 nights we needed to stay in the Boston area.  Our site was relatively level and was very private with trees surrounding our site.  We had only 20 amp electric which was fine as we did not need air conditioning while there.  I understand there will be an upgrade to 30 and 50 amp electric next year.  There is a dump station with water, but we arrived with full water and empty holding tanks and our next stop will have full hookups, so we did not use the dump station.  When I booked reservations here, it seemed there were very few sites I cold fit our 40 foot motor home in, but after driving through the park, I feel we could fit in most sites.  They have cleared the sites out better than the last time we were here in 2010 which made it much easier to pull into the sites.  There are not a lot of campgrounds  south of the  Boston area and this one is well positioned for us to meet Aggie’s whole family.  There are many hiking trails throughout the park and a lake where you can launch a kayak or canoe.  They also offer free kayak tours on some days.  Cell phone worked fine and I received local programming on over the air TV.  We paid $26 per night plus $8.65 reservation fee for our stay.  I rate this park F****.  Some of Aggie’s family visited our campsite on July 4 and July 5 we visited Fort Adams in Newport, Rhode Island and also had dinner at the Lobster Pot located on a beautiful waterfront location.  I was able to chow down some cherrystone clams on the half shell, one of my must halves for this trip; and they hit the spot.  Aggie and I also enjoyed some local scallops.  I washed them down with a couple local brew ski’s.



No comments:

Post a Comment