Saturday, January 4, 2014

Catalina Spa & RV Resort

We arrived here on November 14, 2013, for 2 nights.  This park is located in Desert Hot Springs, Ca.  We normally do not use the swimming pools or spa's at campgrounds, but we made an exception here as the pools and spa's are heated by mineral hot springs.  This park mandates a $5 surcharge for 30 amp electric or $7 surcharge for 50 amp service.  The use of generators are prohibited in this park and this surcharge increases campsite fees by 50% to70% per night with my RPI membership.  The 30 amp sites are quite small and barely fit my forty foot motorhome in the space.  It was not wide enough to pull my toed into either, so I parked halfway into the street somewhat blocking traffic.  It was not too busy and management did not bother me about parking in the street.  Since this was winter, I did not need 50 amp service.  Since this is the desert, camping here May through October will require air conditioning and 50 amp service.  I like the fact that all sites were first come first served and you can pick out whatever spot you like rather than being assigned.  The fenced dog run was closed for at least one month because the dogs killed the grass.  While the fella at the front gate was very helpful, I could not say that for the people inside the office.  Two women and one man completely ignored me for 5 minutes  while I stood waiting to pay their fees once I found our site.  I paid $15 per night and rate this park M**. 

No comments:

Post a Comment