Friday, January 31, 2014

Countryside RV Resort

We arrived here in Apache Junction, Arizona, on January 24 for 3 nights to visit our relatives that we had lost contact with for many years.  While this is more like a mobile home park; (at least 50% of units are permanent park model units) it has to be one of the friendliest parks we have ever visited.  From the check in to parking our rig in our spot, everyone waved and made us feel very welcome.  We simply used this as a home base and did not use any of the facilities.  That said, there was a pool, exercise area, clubhouse which had meals and music at least one night we were here.  There are all kinds of activities here as well and the park was very clean.    The only gripe I had with this park is all the trash dumpsters were located at the far side of the park (a good 10 minute walk each way), and our site #190 was encroached by a permanent shed on this lot.  Also, entering this park from the 60 freeway is a very tight fit; I clipped the curb with my toed vehicle.  It was relative level, however I did use my jacks and full hookups including 50 AMP service.  Internet was available for an additional fee and I had good cell phone and satellite reception.  This is an Encore park and I paid $20 per night which included an extra fee for our dog, Buddy.  I rate this park M****.  This park is located at the beginning of the Apache Trail which we dedicated one day to cruise on up to Tortilla Flats, a separate post.





No comments:

Post a Comment