Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Arches National Park

As we turned into the park our motorhome lost power and black smoke was billowing out my tail pipe.  All my gauges appeared to be normal; I checked my oil and inspected the engine from under the motorhome and could not find the problem.  We limped into the visitors center and called a diesel mechanic in the next town Moab, 7 miles down the road.  We detached the Tahoe and Aggie followed me at 10 miles per hour to the service center.  Fortunately it was a minor fix; the pac brake detached from the bolt holding it in place.  The tech raised the pac brake from under the motorhome while I reinstalled it back on the bolt where it belonged.  Replaced the e-clip which holds it in place and I was on my way. 

There are over 2400 arches in this park, but most visitors only see 100 of them.  We were treated to much thunder and lightning both nights.  We attended a campfire program on the animals of this park one night as the program on bats was rained out the night before.  We hiked two trails and observed the rest of the park from the parking lots near rock outcroppings.  This is a small sample of what you will see here.





No comments:

Post a Comment