Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Welcome Station

We stayed here one night, August 6.  This is a very small park with only 21 campsites.  The landscaping was well maintained and the grass was green and trimmed.  Many tall trees in this park shelter you from the desert heat.  The owners were quite friendly and sat outdoors in the shade chatting with residents of the park.  I had the feeling I was visiting a relative and camping in their back yard.  The park was very dog friendly, as there were several dogs wandering throughout the campground unleashed, but well behaved.  There was a cute spring fed babbling brook running through the property.  The pull through site I was assigned was a little tight, but had full hookups including 30 or 50 AMP electric, sewer & water.  I used my jacks to level the rig.  I was not able to get satellite reception, but those with portable satellite dishes were successful.  It is located right next to the Interstate 80 with much noise from auto's and trucks cruising by at 75 MPH.  Not a lot to do here, but a pleasant stop for one night.  We paid $15 with our RCI discount.  I rate this park P***.


No comments:

Post a Comment