Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bordertown RV Resort

We arrived here on August 7 for one night.  I have rated this campground before at P****.  No change and I was able to upload pictures with their super fast Internet while we were there.  We encountered some very strong wind gusts  and rain on our way here.  If fact, we passed a truck trailer on it's side on the side of the road, (probably blown over in the wind).We had planned to stay at Rye Reservoir for one night off the I80, but I was not impressed with what I saw from the freeway and felt like driving more this day.  We intended to stay in or around Sparks, Nevada, so we could take a day trip to Virginia City, an old mining town.  There was a large car show going on in Sparks called Hot Summer Nights this week end, and the campgrounds that were not booked were charging scalping rates.  This park was 20 miles outside Sparks and I was lucky to get only one night stay at $43.  This is a Good Sam park, but they would not honor the discount because of the car show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment